You will be working alongside the best. You will play a critical role in designing and building machine learning solutions using the leading AI engine for healthcare and life sciences. You will work closely with our executive team who have worked for over 12 years implementing machine learning for real-world applications, turning research into commercial reality.
You will have a large impact on the design, architecture and refinement of the data processing approaches in healthcare. You will also have a key role in driving the development of tools to expose the mined information, taking advantage of the latest technologies available. You will:
- Find, extract and validate valuable data from publicly available and proprietary data sources
- Setup and maintain data processing pipelines
- Contribute to defining and testing our products in the broadest sense possible, including testing for AI bias, transparency and reliability
- Work closely with both our engineering and data science teams to drive product releases
- Join a highly-skilled international team, with diverse backgrounds and a gender equality policy, based both in Cambridge (UK) and Leiden (NL)
We are looking for a highly motivated data engineer with a strong background in building Python-based data processing pipelines. You have:
- A strong track record in data processing
- A passion for data validation and preparing data for easy re-use
- Proficiency with Python programming, preferably with Python >= 3.7
- Experience with libraries like Pandas and NumPy
- Experience with processing pipeline frameworks like e.g. Airflow
- Experience with AWS services, (e.g: Glue, S3), are a plus
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks and tools like Jira are a plus
- Great attention to detail, an analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Courageous and determined mindset and are competent in delivering data processing solutions in a fast-paced environment
- You are transparent, a straight talker and respectfully blunt
- You are able to right a wrong decision, give credit to others and extend trust to your colleagues
- Clear oral and written communication
Who we are
We are using artificial intelligence to transform healthcare as we know it.
85% of health executives in the US believe that, within the next three years, all humans will be directly impacted by AI-based decisions every day. We are on a mission to be at the core of this shift, by creating the world’s most credible AI analytics engine. Read more about us here.
We aim to build a trusting, fun and creative environment. We place our faith in smart, independent and competent teammates, working together to achieve maximum impact. Find out more about our culture on our main careers page.
- Creative autonomy – join a small team with a high level of responsibility
- Young, vibrant and diverse coworkers with impressive experience
- Possibility for remote work
- 25 days annual leave
- Mentoring in AI testing and productisation
Any questions? Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.